Dimsum is a popular Chinese dish that is enjoyed all over the world. It consists of small portions of food wrapped in dough and steamed. One of the most popular dimsum dishes is dimsum ayam kukus, or steamed chicken dimsum. This dish is easy to make, healthy, and delicious. In this article, we will show you how to make dimsum ayam kukus in a few simple steps.
To make dimsum ayam kukus, you will need the following ingredients:
- 300 gr ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 30-40 pieces of homemade or store-bought dimsum wrappers
Here are the steps to make dimsum ayam kukus:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Add egg white and corn starch to the mixture. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- To assemble the dimsum, place a spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of a dimsum wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Repeat until all of the chicken mixture is used up.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place a steamer basket over the pot.
- Arrange the dimsum on the steamer basket, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Cover the steamer basket and steam the dimsum for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the dimsum from the steamer basket and serve with soy sauce or chili sauce.
Here is the nutrition information for dimsum ayam kukus:
- Calories: 40
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sodium: 126mg
Here are some tips to make the perfect dimsum ayam kukus:
- Make sure the chicken mixture is well combined to ensure that the flavor is evenly distributed.
- When assembling the dimsum, make sure to seal the edges well to prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the steamer basket as this can cause the dimsum to stick together.
- Use homemade dimsum wrappers for a more authentic taste, or store-bought ones for convenience.
- Serve the dimsum with soy sauce or chili sauce for added flavor.
Dimsum ayam kukus is a simple and delicious dish that you can easily make at home. With just a few ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can enjoy this Chinese favorite anytime, anywhere. So why not give it a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills?