Sambal kentang is a traditional Indonesian dish that is perfect for those who love spicy food. This dish is made with diced potatoes that are stir-fried with spicy sambal sauce. It is a popular side dish that can be served with rice and other Indonesian dishes.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 10 red chili peppers, chopped
- 5 bird’s eye chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Here are the steps to make sambal kentang:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped chili peppers and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Add the salt and sugar and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice and other Indonesian dishes.
Sambal kentang is a spicy and flavorful dish that is also relatively healthy. Here is the nutritional information for one serving of sambal kentang (based on a recipe that serves 4):
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 3g
There are many different ways to make sambal kentang, and you can customize the recipe to suit your tastes. Here are a few variations to try:
- Add some chopped tomatoes or bell peppers for a different flavor and texture.
- Use different types of chili peppers for a milder or spicier dish.
- Add some shrimp or chicken to make the dish more substantial.
- Use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes for a sweeter dish.
- Top the dish with some fried shallots or crispy garlic for added texture.
Sambal kentang is a delicious and spicy Indonesian dish that is easy to make at home. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful side dish that will complement any meal. Try out this recipe and experiment with different variations to find your perfect version of sambal kentang.