Sambal goreng kentang is a traditional Indonesian dish that is widely enjoyed by many. It is a dish that is made from potatoes that have been fried until crispy and then mixed with a spicy and savory sauce made from chili peppers, garlic, shallots, and other spices. This dish is typically served as a side dish to accompany rice and other main dishes, but it can also be enjoyed as a snack on its own.
To make sambal goreng kentang, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 10 red chili peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
- 300ml water
Here are the steps to make sambal goreng kentang:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes until crispy. Set aside.
- Blend the garlic, shallots, and red chili peppers into a paste.
- Heat a wok or a deep frying pan over medium heat and add the spice paste, bay leaves, and lemongrass. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp paste, salt, and sugar, and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried potatoes and simmer until the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Sambal goreng kentang is a high-carbohydrate dish that is also rich in protein and fiber. Here is the nutritional information for one serving of sambal goreng kentang (150g):
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 480mg
Sambal goreng kentang is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for those who enjoy spicy and savory flavors. It can be served as a side dish or as a snack, and it is a great way to add variety to your everyday meals. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of Indonesia in your own home?