Ayam goreng lengkuas is a delicious Indonesian dish that is perfect for any occasion. The dish features crispy fried chicken that is seasoned with a blend of spices and herbs, and then cooked with a generous amount of lengkuas or galangal. The result is a dish that is both fragrant and flavorful.
To make ayam goreng lengkuas, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 inches of fresh lengkuas, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Here are the steps to make ayam goreng lengkuas:
- Combine the minced garlic, shallots, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well to make a marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well to coat the chicken evenly. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Remove the fried chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, and sliced lengkuas. Stir-fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the fried chicken back to the pan. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors of the spices and herbs.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve hot with steamed rice.
Ayam goreng lengkuas is a high-protein dish that is also rich in vitamins and minerals. One serving of ayam goreng lengkuas (100 grams) contains approximately:
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 20 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Iron: 1 mg
- Calcium: 20 mg
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 2%
Ayam goreng lengkuas is a must-try dish for anyone who loves Indonesian cuisine. The fragrant and flavorful blend of spices and herbs, combined with tender and juicy fried chicken, makes this dish a real crowd-pleaser. Give it a try and savor the delicious taste of ayam goreng lengkuas!