Semur ayam is a traditional Indonesian dish that is popular among many families. This dish is made with chicken that is cooked in a flavorful sauce. The sauce is made with a blend of spices and seasonings that give the dish its signature taste. In this article, we will be sharing a simple recipe for bumbu semur ayam that you can easily make at home.
To make bumbu semur ayam, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Here are the steps to make bumbu semur ayam:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the bay leaves, salt, and sugar to the pan and stir well.
- Next, add the tamarind paste and sweet soy sauce to the pan and stir well.
- Pour in the water and stir everything together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken simmer in the sauce for around 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- After 45 minutes, remove the lid and let the sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly before serving.
This recipe makes around 4 servings and each serving contains approximately:
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 800mg
Bumbu semur ayam is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a family dinner or gathering. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that everyone will love. Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out!