Capcay is a popular Chinese-style vegetable dish in Indonesia. It is usually served with rice and can be made with a variety of vegetables. In this recipe, we will be making Capcay with a delicious broth.
- 200g of chicken breast
- 150g of peeled shrimp
- 1 pack of tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced thinly
- 100g of bean sprouts
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast and shrimp, and cook until they are no longer pink.
- Add the sliced carrots and cabbage, and cook until they are slightly wilted.
- Add the tofu, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and white pepper, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the bean sprouts and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve the Capcay with steamed rice.
- Enjoy your delicious Capcay Kuah!
This recipe serves 4 people and contains approximately:
- Calories: 365
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Sodium: 1296mg
- Potassium: 824mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 127%
- Vitamin C: 125%
- Calcium: 18%
- Iron: 24%
If you want to make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the chicken and shrimp and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Capcay Kuah is a delicious and healthy dish that is easy to make at home. It is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal, and can be customized to your liking with your favorite vegetables. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of Indonesia and China in one dish!