Mie Aceh Goreng is a popular dish from Aceh, a province located in the northern part of Sumatra, Indonesia. Made with egg noodles and a spicy sauce, this dish is a favorite among noodle lovers. Mie Aceh Goreng can be found in many restaurants and street vendors all over Indonesia. In this article, we will learn how to make Mie Aceh Goreng at home.
To make Mie Aceh Goreng, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g egg noodles
- 200g beef, cut into thin slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 3 green chilies, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 cups water
Follow these steps to make Mie Aceh Goreng:
- Boil the egg noodles until they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic, sliced shallots, and sliced chilies. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced beef and stir-fry until it is no longer pink.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar, tamarind paste, dried shrimp paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the boiled egg noodles to the pan and mix well with the sauce.
- Continue to stir-fry for another 5 minutes until the noodles are well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot with a side of sliced cucumber, lime, and fried shallots.
Mie Aceh Goreng is a high-calorie dish due to the use of egg noodles and beef. However, it is also a good source of protein and carbohydrates. One serving of Mie Aceh Goreng (250g) contains approximately:
- Calories: 550 kcal
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
Mie Aceh Goreng is a delicious and spicy noodle dish that is perfect for any noodle lover. With the right ingredients and steps, you can easily make this dish at home. Serve it hot with some sliced cucumber, lime, and fried shallots to enhance its flavor. Enjoy!