Gado Gado Padang is a popular dish from West Sumatra, Indonesia. It is a type of salad that consists of various vegetables, tofu, tempeh, and boiled eggs, all mixed with a peanut sauce. The dish is known for its sweet and savory taste, and it is a perfect meal for vegetarians.
To make Gado Gado Padang, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 bunch of long beans, cut into small pieces
- 1 block of tofu, fried and cut into small pieces
- 1 block of tempeh, fried and cut into small pieces
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts, ground
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Here are the steps to make Gado Gado Padang:
- In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic and red chilies for a few seconds.
- Add the tamarind paste, palm sugar, ground peanuts, and water to the pan. Stir well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, cabbage, carrot, and long beans.
- Add the fried tofu and tempeh to the bowl.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the vegetables and mix well.
- Arrange the boiled egg slices on top of the salad.
- Serve the Gado Gado Padang immediately.
Gado Gado Padang is a healthy dish that is packed with nutrients. Here is the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Gado Gado Padang:
- Calories: 450
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 300mg
Gado Gado Padang is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for vegetarians. It is easy to make and can be served as a main dish or a side dish. With its sweet and savory taste, Gado Gado Padang is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party. So why not give this recipe a try and see how it turns out?