Semur jengkol is one of Indonesia’s traditional dishes that people love. Despite its strong smell, many people love to eat this dish. It is made from jengkol, a legume that can be found in Indonesia. This dish is perfect for those who love to eat spicy food. In this article, we will show you how to make semur jengkol.
To make semur jengkol, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of jengkol
- 2 liters of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind juice
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 red chilies, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
Here is how to make semur jengkol:
- Boil the jengkol in a pot with 2 liters of water and 2 teaspoons of salt, then drain the water and cut the jengkol into small pieces.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the chopped red chilies and bay leaves to the pan and stir until the chilies are wilted.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Add the jengkol pieces to the pan and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the tamarind juice and sugar to the pan and stir well.
- Pour 1 liter of water into the pan, stir well, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the mixture until the water has dried up and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir the mixture occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down a little before serving.
One serving of semur jengkol (200 grams) contains the following nutrients:
- Calories: 291
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Protein: 13 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 1137 milligrams
- Potassium: 948 milligrams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Sugar: 9 grams
Semur jengkol is a delicious Indonesian dish that is perfect for those who love spicy food. It may have a strong smell, but the taste is worth it. By following the instructions above, you can make your own semur jengkol at home. Enjoy your meal!