Bubur is a popular dish in Indonesia that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is a porridge-like dish that is made from rice or other ingredients such as beans, corn, or cassava. Bubur can be sweet or savory, depending on the ingredients used. In this recipe, we will be making bubur using rice and coconut milk.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 pandan leaf (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. fried shallots, peanuts, sliced chicken, boiled eggs)
Follow these steps to make bubur:
- Wash the rice thoroughly and drain.
- In a pot, add the rice, water, and pandan leaf (if using). Cook over medium heat until the rice is soft and mushy, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the coconut milk, salt, and sugar. Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the bubur has thickened. Remove the pandan leaf.
- Transfer the bubur to a bowl and add your desired toppings.
- Serve hot.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of bubur (without toppings):
- Calories: 245
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 348mg
Bubur can be made using a variety of ingredients, so feel free to experiment with different flavors. Here are some variations you can try:
- Bubur ketan hitam: made with black glutinous rice
- Bubur kacang hijau: made with mung beans
- Bubur sumsum: made with rice flour and coconut milk
- Bubur candil: made with rice flour balls and coconut milk
Bubur is a delicious and comforting dish that is easy to make at home. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a tasty meal that can be enjoyed any time of day. So why not give this recipe a try and see how it turns out? You might just discover your new favorite dish!