Nasi Tumpeng Kuning is a traditional Indonesian dish that is usually served during special occasions, such as weddings, birthdays, or other important events. The dish is made of yellow rice shaped in a cone, surrounded by various side dishes, such as fried chicken, shredded omelet, fried tempeh, and many more.
Here are the ingredients you need to make Nasi Tumpeng Kuning:
– 500 gr of rice
– 1 liter of coconut milk
– 3 kaffir lime leaves
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 lemongrass, smashed
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1 tsp of sugar
– 1 tsp of turmeric powder
– 1 tsp of vegetable oil
– Shredded omelet
– Fried chicken
– Fried tempeh
– Fried tofu
– Sambal (optional)
Here is how to make Nasi Tumpeng Kuning:
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and drain the water.
2. In a pot, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the lemongrass, bay leaves, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
3. Add the rice and mix well.
4. Add the coconut milk, salt, sugar, and turmeric powder. Stir well.
5. Cook the rice until it’s done, around 15-20 minutes.
6. Mold the rice into a cone shape using a tumpeng mold or any cone-shaped object.
7. Arrange the side dishes, such as shredded omelet, fried chicken, fried tempeh, and fried tofu around the rice cone.
8. Serve with sambal if preferred.
Nasi Tumpeng Kuning is a high-carbohydrate dish, with an average calorie count of 600-800 calories per serving. The dish is also rich in protein, thanks to the side dishes, such as fried chicken, tempeh, and tofu. However, the dish is also high in fat and sodium due to the use of coconut milk and salt in the recipe. Therefore, it is recommended to consume this dish in moderation, especially for those who are on a diet or have health issues.