Tahu jeletot pedas is a famous street food in Indonesia, especially in Jakarta. It’s a spicy and crispy tofu dish that is usually served as a snack. Tahu jeletot pedas is made of tofu that is deep-fried until crispy and then tossed in a spicy sauce. The name jeletot comes from the sound it makes when you take a bite of the crispy tofu. This dish is perfect for those who love spicy food.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make tahu jeletot pedas:
- 400 grams of firm tofu
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 red chili peppers
- 5 bird’s eye chili peppers
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Oil for frying
Here are the steps to make tahu jeletot pedas:
- Prepare the tofu by cutting it into small cubes.
- Mince the garlic, red chili peppers, bird’s eye chili peppers, and tomato.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep-fry the tofu until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the minced garlic, red chili peppers, bird’s eye chili peppers, and tomato to the pan and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, salt, and sugar to the pan and stir well.
- Add the fried tofu to the pan and toss until the tofu is coated in the sauce.
- Serve the tahu jeletot pedas while it’s still hot.
Here is the nutritional information for tahu jeletot pedas per serving:
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 15 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
Here are some tips to make the perfect tahu jeletot pedas:
- Use firm tofu that is not too soft or too hard.
- Make sure to drain the excess oil from the tofu before adding it to the sauce.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the dish by adding more or less chili peppers.
- Serve the tahu jeletot pedas with a side of rice to balance out the spiciness.
Tahu jeletot pedas is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that is perfect for those who love spicy food. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this popular street food at home. The crispy and spicy tofu is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. Try making tahu jeletot pedas today and enjoy the flavors of Indonesia!