Bakwan is one of the most popular Indonesian snacks. It is a type of fritter made from various vegetables, such as carrots, cabbage, and bean sprouts. Bakwan is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It is usually served with sweet and sour sauce or chili sauce. In this article, we will share the recipe for making crispy and delicious bakwan.
For making bakwan, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 200 ml of water
- 150 grams of shredded carrots
- 100 grams of shredded cabbage
- 50 grams of sliced scallions
- 50 grams of bean sprouts
- Oil for frying
Follow these instructions to make crispy and delicious bakwan:
Step 1: Mix the Batter
In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, egg, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add the water while stirring the mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth and well-combined. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Vegetables
Wash and drain the shredded carrots, cabbage, scallions, and bean sprouts. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess water. Combine the vegetables in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Combine the Batter and Vegetables
Add the vegetable mixture to the batter. Mix well until the vegetables are evenly coated with the batter.
Step 4: Fry the Bakwan
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Using a spoon, scoop the batter and vegetable mixture into the hot oil. Fry until both sides are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Step 5: Serve
Serve the crispy and delicious bakwan with your favorite dipping sauce.
One serving of bakwan (100 grams) contains approximately:
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sodium: 300 mg
Here are some tips for making the perfect bakwan:
- Make sure the vegetables are dry before adding them to the batter to prevent the batter from becoming watery.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter and vegetable mixture into the oil to make uniform-sized bakwan.
- Don’t overcrowd the frying pan to ensure that the bakwan cook evenly.
- Use a paper towel to remove excess oil from the fried bakwan to make them less greasy.
Making crispy and delicious bakwan is easy and simple. With this recipe, you can enjoy this popular Indonesian snack at home. Serve it as an appetizer or snack for your family and friends. Happy cooking!