Laksan Palembang is a popular dish from South Sumatra, Indonesia. It is made of rice flour noodles served in a delicious coconut milk broth with savory toppings. This dish is perfect for a family meal or special occasion.
Here are the ingredients you need to make Laksan Palembang:
- 500 grams of rice flour
- 2 liters of water
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 400 grams of shredded chicken
- 100 grams of fried shallots
- 100 grams of sliced cucumber
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 100 grams of sliced carrot
- 100 grams of sliced cabbage
Follow these steps to make Laksan Palembang:
- Mix rice flour with water until well combined.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof dish and steam for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Cut the cooked rice flour noodles into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pot, bring coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, salt, and sugar to a boil.
- Add shredded chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice flour noodles and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and bay leaves from the pot.
- Prepare the toppings by arranging fried shallots, sliced cucumber, bean sprouts, sliced carrot, and sliced cabbage in separate bowls.
- Serve the Laksan Palembang with the toppings and enjoy!
Here is the nutrition information for Laksan Palembang per serving:
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1000mg
Laksan Palembang is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for any occasion. With its flavorful broth and savory toppings, it is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Try making this dish at home and enjoy a taste of South Sumatra!