Cilok is a traditional snack from Bandung, Indonesia. It is made from tapioca flour and usually served with peanut sauce. Cilok has a chewy texture and can be enjoyed as a snack or a light meal. In this recipe, we will show you how to make cilok from scratch.
For the cilok:
- 250g tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 250ml boiling water
For the peanut sauce:
- 100g roasted peanuts, ground
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Make the cilok:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca flour, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
2. Add boiling water and mix until the dough comes together.
3. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
4. Pinch a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball.
5. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
6. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
7. Drop the cilok into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface.
8. Remove the cilok from the water and drain.
2. Make the peanut sauce:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add ground peanuts, sweet soy sauce, tamarind paste, water, salt, and sugar.
4. Bring the sauce to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool.
1. Arrange the cilok on a plate.
2. Drizzle the peanut sauce over the cilok.
3. Serve immediately.
One serving of cilok (10 pieces) with peanut sauce contains:
- Calories: 305
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 758mg
Now you know how to make cilok from scratch! This simple yet delicious snack is perfect for any occasion. Enjoy it with your family and friends.