Sayur labu santan is a classic Indonesian dish that is perfect for vegetarians and anyone looking to add more vegetables to their diet. This dish is made with pumpkin, coconut milk, and a range of spices that give it a rich and flavorful taste. In this article, we’ll go over the ingredients, instructions, and nutrition of this delicious dish.
To make sayur labu santan, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of pumpkin, sliced into small pieces
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
Here are the steps to make sayur labu santan:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and chili to the pot and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin to the pot and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the water, bay leaf, salt, sugar, and tamarind paste to the pot.
- Stir well and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and stir well.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
- Serve the sayur labu santan with steamed rice.
Sayur labu santan is a nutritious dish that is high in fiber and vitamins. Here is the nutritional information for one serving of sayur labu santan:
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
Sayur labu santan is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to make at home. This dish is perfect for vegetarians and anyone looking to add more vegetables to their diet. With its rich and flavorful taste, it’s sure to become a family favorite. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!