Sayur Lodeh Jawa is a traditional Indonesian dish that is very popular in Java. This dish is made from a variety of vegetables that are cooked together with coconut milk and a special blend of spices. The result is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for any occasion.
To make Sayur Lodeh Jawa, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of sliced cabbage
- 1 cup of sliced green beans
- 1 cup of sliced tofu
- 1 cup of sliced tempeh
- 1 cup of sliced potatoes
- 1 cup of sliced chayote
- 1 cup of sliced long beans
- 1 cup of sliced corn
- 1 cup of sliced shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of galangal powder
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Here are the steps to make Sayur Lodeh Jawa:
- Prepare all the vegetables by washing and slicing them into bite-sized pieces.
- Grind the shallots, garlic, tamarind paste, palm sugar, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, galangal powder, and shrimp paste in a blender or food processor until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the spice paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves and bay leaves and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they are coated with the spice paste.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let the vegetables simmer for 20-25 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning by adding more salt or sugar if necessary.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Sayur Lodeh Jawa is a very nutritious dish that is packed with vitamins and minerals from the variety of vegetables used in the recipe. Coconut milk is also a good source of healthy fats and can help improve digestion. Here is the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Sayur Lodeh Jawa (based on a recipe that serves 6):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 450mg
Sayur Lodeh Jawa is a delicious and nutritious Indonesian dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make and uses a variety of vegetables and spices to create a flavorful and healthy meal that everyone will love. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be!