Pangsit is a popular dish in Indonesia that can be enjoyed as a snack or a main course. It is a type of dumpling that is filled with various ingredients such as meat, vegetables, or seafood. In this recipe, we will show you how to make the filling for pangsit.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250g ground chicken
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
Follow these steps to make the filling for pangsit:
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the chopped carrots and celery and sauté until they are tender.
- Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Place a spoonful of the filling onto a pangsit skin.
- Use your fingers to wrap the filling in the skin and seal it with water.
- Repeat until all the filling is used.
- You can now cook the pangsit by boiling, steaming, or frying it.
The nutritional value of this recipe will depend on the type of meat and vegetables used. However, in general, chicken is a good source of protein and carrots and celery are high in fiber. Pangsit can also be a high-calorie dish if fried, so it is recommended to cook it by boiling or steaming for a healthier option.
Making the filling for pangsit is simple and easy. You can customize the ingredients based on your preference and add more vegetables or spices to enhance the flavor. Pangsit can be served as a snack or a main course and is perfect for any occasion. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of homemade pangsit.