Bubur Ayam Cianjur is a popular Indonesian dish that originated from the town of Cianjur in West Java. It is a type of rice porridge that is usually served with shredded chicken, vegetables, and a variety of condiments. This dish is often eaten for breakfast or as a light meal.
Here are the ingredients needed to make Bubur Ayam Cianjur:
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 liter of water
- 250 grams of shredded chicken
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 2 stalks of green onion, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- Fried shallots, for garnish
Follow these steps to make Bubur Ayam Cianjur:
- Wash the rice and put it in a pot with 1 liter of water. Cook the rice over medium heat until it becomes soft and mushy, stirring occasionally. This should take about 45 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir well to combine.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the chicken mixture to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sliced green onion and celery to the pot. Stir well.
- Cook the mixture for another 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Bubur Ayam Cianjur in bowls, garnished with fried shallots.
- You can also serve it with additional condiments, such as chili sauce, lime wedges, and crackers.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of Bubur Ayam Cianjur:
- Calories: 335
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1014mg
Bubur Ayam Cianjur is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to make at home. It is perfect for breakfast or as a light meal, and it can be customized with a variety of condiments to suit your taste. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of Indonesia in your own kitchen!