Teriyaki is a popular Japanese cooking technique that involves grilling or broiling meat, fish, or vegetables with a sweet and savory glaze. This dish is loved by many people around the world, including Indonesians. In this article, we will share with you a recipe for teriyaki beef that you can easily make at home.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make teriyaki beef:
- 500 grams of beef, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Here are the steps to make teriyaki beef:
- Mix together soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sliced beef to the bowl and mix until the beef is well coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the beef marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining marinade to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beef.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and transfer it to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the teriyaki beef with steamed rice and vegetables.
Here is the nutrition information for teriyaki beef per serving:
- Calories: 410
- Total fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Sodium: 1631mg
- Total carbohydrate: 11g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 45g
Teriyaki beef is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that you can enjoy at home. With the right ingredients and cooking techniques, you can create a flavorful and healthy meal that your family and friends will love. Try this recipe today and let us know how it turned out!