Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis is one of the most popular Balinese cuisine dishes. It is a spicy and sweet chicken dish that is perfect for special occasions. The dish is made by marinating chicken pieces in a mixture of spices and then cooking it in a spicy sauce. The result is a delicious and aromatic dish that is perfect for any occasion.
To make Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, minced
- 3 red chillies, sliced
- 3 bird’s eye chillies, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
Here are the steps to make Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis:
- Combine tamarind paste, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, shallots, red chillies, bird’s eye chillies, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the mixing bowl and coat well with the spice mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a wok or a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add vegetable oil to the wok or frying pan.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add water to the wok or frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let the chicken simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis is a high protein dish that is perfect for those who are trying to maintain a healthy diet. One serving of Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis contains:
- Calories: 370
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 800mg
Ayam Bumbu Bali Pedas Manis is a delicious and spicy chicken dish that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of spices and the sweet and spicy sauce make this dish a crowd pleaser. It is easy to make and can be enjoyed with steamed rice or other side dishes. Give this dish a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!