Lontong kari is a popular Indonesian dish that has a combination of soft and chewy lontong rice cakes and thick, flavorful curry sauce. The dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it is also a great dish to sell as it is relatively easy to make and can be sold at a reasonable price. In this article, we will share with you a delicious recipe for lontong kari that you can use for your business.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of rice
- 1 liter of water
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 500 grams of chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of fennel powder
- 2 teaspoons of ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons of galangal powder
- 2 teaspoons of shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoons of oil
Preparing the Lontong Rice Cakes:
1. Rinse the rice and soak it in water for 2 hours. 2. Drain the rice and put it in a lontong rice cake mold. 3. Fill the mold with water and steam for 1 hour. 4. Let the lontong cool down before slicing it into bite-sized pieces.
Preparing the Curry Sauce:
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. 2. Add the garlic, shallots, and red chilies and sauté until fragrant. 3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it turns brown. 4. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, ginger powder, and galangal powder to the pan and stir well. 5. Add the shrimp paste and stir well. 6. Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir well. 7. Add the lemongrass stalks, bay leaves, salt, and sugar to the pan and stir well. 8. Bring the curry to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
1. Arrange the lontong rice cakes on a plate. 2. Pour the curry sauce over the lontong. 3. Garnish with some sliced red chilies and fried shallots.
This recipe makes around 6 servings, with each serving containing approximately:
- Calories: 540
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 520mg
Lontong kari is a delicious and popular Indonesian dish that you can easily make and sell. With this recipe, you can create a flavorful curry sauce that goes perfectly with soft and chewy lontong rice cakes. You can adjust the spiciness and the thickness of the curry sauce according to your preference. This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it is also a great dish to sell to your customers.