Mie Goreng is one of the most popular dishes in Indonesia. It is a stir-fried noodle dish that is typically made with vegetables and meat. One of the variations of Mie Goreng is Mie Goreng Jawa Nyemek. This dish originated from Java, Indonesia, and is known for its rich and spicy flavor. In this article, I will share with you the recipe for Mie Goreng Jawa Nyemek.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 500 grams of egg noodles
- 200 grams of chicken breast, sliced
- 150 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of oil for stir-frying
- 2 cups of water
- Fried shallots for garnish
Here are the steps to make Mie Goreng Jawa Nyemek:
- Boil the egg noodles in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until pink.
- Add the red and green chilies and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the egg noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with fried shallots and serve hot.
Here is the nutritional information for Mie Goreng Jawa Nyemek:
- Calories: 480
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 1240mg
Mie Goreng Jawa Nyemek is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is packed with flavor and spice, making it a favorite among Indonesian food lovers. With this recipe, you can now enjoy this tasty dish in the comfort of your own home. So why not give it a try today?