Telur geprek is a dish that originated from Indonesia. It is a popular street food that has become a staple in Indonesian cuisine. The dish is made by frying a boiled egg and then crushing it with a pestle and mortar. The egg is then mixed with various spices and served with rice or as a side dish.
To make telur geprek, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 red chillies
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
Here are the steps to make telur geprek:
- Peel the boiled eggs and set them aside.
- Chop the garlic and red chillies finely.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the chopped red chillies and stir for a few more minutes.
- Add the salt and sugar, and stir until well combined.
- Add the boiled eggs to the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place them on a flat surface.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the eggs until they are flattened.
- Place the eggs back into the frying pan and fry for a few more minutes until they are crispy.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and serve with rice or as a side dish.
Here is the nutritional information for telur geprek:
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 500mg
Telur geprek is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a spicy and flavorful dish that is sure to please your taste buds. So why not give it a try today and see for yourself how delicious telur geprek can be!