Semur tahu is a delicious Indonesian dish that is perfect for anyone who loves savory food. This dish originates from Java and is made with a variety of ingredients that come together to create a flavorful and satisfying meal. In this recipe, we will show you how to make semur tahu in an easy and simple way.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make semur tahu:
- 1 block of tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 2 cups of water
Here are the steps to make semur tahu:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the tofu cubes to the pan and cook until they are lightly browned.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, salt, sugar, and tamarind paste to the pan and stir well.
- Pour in the water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.
Here is the nutrition information for semur tahu:
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 10g
– To make this dish spicier, add some chopped chili peppers.
– You can also add other vegetables such as carrots or potatoes to this dish.
– If you don’t have sweet soy sauce, you can substitute it with regular soy sauce and sugar.
– Make sure to cook the tofu until it is golden brown before adding the other ingredients.
– You can also use chicken or beef instead of tofu if you prefer.
– To make the dish more fragrant, add some bay leaves and cloves to the sauce.
Semur tahu is a simple and delicious Indonesian dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple ingredients that you can find in any grocery store. Whether you are a vegetarian or simply looking for a new dish to try, semur tahu is a great choice. Give it a try today and enjoy the rich flavors of this classic Indonesian dish!