Ayam Bali is a popular dish from Bali, Indonesia. It is a spicy and aromatic chicken dish that is perfect for those who enjoy bold flavors. The dish is usually served with steamed rice, and it is a great way to add some variety to your weekly meal plan. In this article, we will share with you a simple and easy recipe for Ayam Bali that you can try at home.
To make Ayam Bali, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 3 bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 300 ml of water
Here are the steps to make Ayam Bali:
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic, shallots, red chilies, and bird’s eye chilies. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, shrimp paste, tamarind paste, palm sugar, and salt. Stir-fry until the chicken is coated with the spices.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste. You can add more salt, sugar, or chili if desired.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks and kaffir lime leaves before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Here is the approximate nutrition information for Ayam Bali per serving:
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
Ayam Bali is a delicious and flavorful chicken dish that is easy to make at home. With the right ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can recreate the taste of Bali in your own kitchen. Whether you are cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party, Ayam Bali is sure to impress your guests. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of Bali in your own home?