Soto is a traditional Indonesian soup that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made of clear broth, meat, and vegetables. The soup has a variety of spices and herbs that give it a unique and delicious taste. One of the most famous soto dishes in Indonesia is Soto Sapi Jawa. This dish is made of beef, and the broth is cooked with a special spice mixture called bumbu. In this article, we will share with you the recipe for making Bumbu Soto Sapi Jawa.
To make Bumbu Soto Sapi Jawa, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg beef (preferably brisket or shank)
- 2 liters water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 shallots
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 Indonesian bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 package of rice noodles
Here are the steps to make Bumbu Soto Sapi Jawa:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and turmeric powder. Sauté for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the beef and stir until browned.
- Add the water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, Indonesian bay leaves, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 2-3 hours until the beef is tender.
- Remove the beef and let it cool. Shred the beef into small pieces and set aside.
- Strain the soup and discard the solids.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- To serve, place the rice noodles in a bowl, add the shredded beef, and pour the soup over it.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Here is the nutrition information for one serving of Bumbu Soto Sapi Jawa:
- Calories: 614
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1037mg
Bumbu Soto Sapi Jawa is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for any occasion. This soup is full of flavor and has a unique taste that will leave you wanting more. With this recipe, you can easily make this dish at home and impress your friends and family. So, why not give it a try and enjoy the taste of Indonesia in your own home.