Tahu Kupat Solo is a traditional Indonesian dish that originates from Solo, Central Java. It is a delicious combination of rice cake, tofu, and peanut sauce. This dish is very popular during Eid al-Fitr, but it can be enjoyed all year round. Tahu Kupat Solo is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. In this article, we will share with you a detailed recipe and the nutrition facts of Tahu Kupat Solo.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make Tahu Kupat Solo:
- 200 grams of rice cake (ketupat)
- 200 grams of tofu
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 100 grams of roasted peanuts
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 500 ml of water
Follow these steps to make Tahu Kupat Solo:
1. Prepare the Peanut Sauce
1. Grind the roasted peanuts using a food processor or blender until they become a smooth paste.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Add the minced garlic and shallots and stir-fry until fragrant.
4. Add the chopped red chilies and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the ground peanuts, tamarind paste, salt, sugar, and water. Mix well.
6. Bring the sauce to a boil and let it simmer until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
7. Turn off the heat and set aside.
2. Prepare the Rice Cake and Tofu
1. Cut the rice cake and tofu into small cubes.
2. Boil the rice cake in a pot of water until it becomes soft. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Fry the tofu until it becomes golden brown. Drain and set aside.
5. Blanch the bean sprouts in a pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Assemble the Dish
1. Arrange the rice cake, tofu, and bean sprouts on a plate.
2. Pour the peanut sauce on top of the rice cake and tofu.
3. Drizzle the sweet soy sauce over the dish.
4. Tahu Kupat Solo is ready to serve.
Here are the nutrition facts of Tahu Kupat Solo per serving (1 plate):
- Calories: 535 kcal
- Protein: 23 g
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 1185 mg
Tahu Kupat Solo is a high-calorie dish that is rich in protein and fat. It is also a good source of fiber and contains a moderate amount of carbohydrates. The peanut sauce is the main source of calories and fat in this dish. If you want to reduce the calorie and fat content, you can use less peanut sauce or substitute it with a lighter sauce.