Ayam bakar pedas manis is a delicious Indonesian dish that combines spicy and sweet flavors. It is a popular dish that you can find in many Indonesian restaurants. The dish is made by grilling or roasting chicken that has been marinated in a flavorful mixture of spices, sweet soy sauce, and chili paste.
The following are the ingredients you will need to make ayam bakar pedas manis:
- 1 whole chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 shallots (minced)
- 2 red chilies (minced)
- 2 green chilies (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
Follow these steps to make ayam bakar pedas manis:
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, shallots, red chilies, green chilies, sweet soy sauce, salt, sugar, tamarind paste, and oil to make a marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill or oven to 375°F.
- Grill or roast the chicken for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve hot with rice and vegetables.
Ayam bakar pedas manis is a relatively healthy dish, as it is high in protein and low in fat. According to the USDA, one serving of ayam bakar pedas manis (one chicken thigh) contains approximately:
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 290mg
Ayam bakar pedas manis is a delicious and easy-to-make Indonesian dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. With its flavorful marinade and tender chicken, this dish is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it is?