Ikan mujair bumbu kuning is a popular dish in Indonesia, especially in Java and Bali. It is a traditional dish that has been passed down for generations. The dish consists of fried ikan mujair (tilapia) which is then cooked in a yellow spices mixture. The dish is usually served with a side of steamed rice and vegetables.
- 4 ikan mujair (tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Oil for frying
Preparing the Ikan Mujair
1. Clean the ikan mujair and remove the scales.
2. Cut the fish into 4 pieces, and sprinkle the fish with salt and tamarind juice. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse the fish with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Fry the fish until golden brown and set aside.
Making the Spice Mixture
1. In a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic, shallots, chilies, ginger, coriander powder, cumin powder, and turmeric powder into a paste.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the spice paste, bay leaves, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
3. Add the water, salt, and sugar. Stir well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Cooking the Ikan Mujair in the Spice Mixture
1. Add the fried fish into the spice mixture. Gently stir the fish until coated with the spice mixture.
2. Cover the wok or frying pan with a lid and let it cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
1. Serve the ikan mujair bumbu kuning hot with a side of steamed rice and vegetables.
One serving of ikan mujair bumbu kuning (150g) contains approximately:
- Calories: 245
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
Ikan mujair bumbu kuning is a delicious and flavorful dish that is easy to make. The combination of spices and herbs in the yellow sauce gives the dish a unique taste that is both savory and slightly tangy. This dish is perfect for those who love seafood and a little bit of spice in their meals.