Nasi Tumpeng is a traditional Indonesian dish that is commonly served during special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, and other celebrations. It is usually served in the shape of a cone, with yellow rice as the base and various side dishes surrounding it. In this article, we will be discussing how to make Nasi Tumpeng Kuning, which is the yellow rice version of the dish.
To make Nasi Tumpeng Kuning, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 pandan leaf, tied into a knot
- 1 tablespoon of oil
Here are the steps to make Nasi Tumpeng Kuning:
- Wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- In a pot, add the rice, water, turmeric powder, salt, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, pandan leaf, and oil.
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Cook the rice over medium heat until the water has been absorbed and the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and pandan leaf from the pot.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and transfer it to a cone-shaped dish.
- Press the rice down firmly into the dish to create the cone shape.
- Arrange the side dishes around the rice cone.
- Serve the Nasi Tumpeng Kuning while it is still warm.
Nasi Tumpeng Kuning is a nutritious and filling dish that is perfect for special occasions. Here are the nutritional values for a serving of Nasi Tumpeng Kuning:
- Calories: 267
- Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Sodium: 394 milligrams
- Potassium: 104 milligrams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugar: 0 grams
Nasi Tumpeng Kuning is a beautiful and delicious dish that is perfect for special occasions. With its yellow rice and array of side dishes, it is sure to impress your guests. By following the instructions in this article, you can make your own Nasi Tumpeng Kuning at home and enjoy it with your loved ones.