Jengkol is a popular food in Indonesia that is often cooked in various ways. One of the most famous dishes is jengkol semur. This dish is made from jengkol, which is a type of bean that has a strong flavor. Jengkol semur is a delicious and savory dish that is perfect for those who love spicy food. In this article, we will share with you the recipe for jengkol semur.
The ingredients needed to make jengkol semur are:
- 500 grams of jengkol
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
Here are the steps to make jengkol semur:
- Boil the jengkol in a pot of water for 30 minutes to remove its smell. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the red chilies and tomatoes and stir-fry until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, tamarind paste, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the boiled jengkol and mix until the jengkol is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 1 hour or until the jengkol is soft and tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the jengkol is soft and tender, turn off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Jengkol semur is now ready to be served.
Jengkol semur is a high-protein dish that is also rich in vitamins and minerals. One serving of jengkol semur contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 10 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Vitamin A: 20% of the daily recommended intake
- Vitamin C: 60% of the daily recommended intake
- Iron: 15% of the daily recommended intake
- Calcium: 8% of the daily recommended intake
Jengkol semur is a delicious and healthy dish that is easy to make. This dish is perfect for those who love spicy food and are looking for a high-protein meal. With this recipe, you can now make your own jengkol semur at home and enjoy it with your family and friends. Happy cooking!