Nasi tutug oncom is a traditional Indonesian dish from West Java. It is a dish made from rice mixed with spicy and savory oncom paste. Oncom is a traditional Indonesian food made from fermented soybeans or peanuts. It is a good source of protein and fiber. Nasi tutug oncom is usually served with fried chicken, fried tempeh, or fried tofu.
The ingredients you need to make nasi tutug oncom are as follows:
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 block of oncom, crushed
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, minced
- 2 red chilies, minced
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Here are the steps to make nasi tutug oncom:
- Cook the rice with 2 cups of water in a rice cooker or on the stove until it is cooked.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the red and green chilies and saute for another minute.
- Add the crushed oncom and saute until it is cooked and the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Mix the cooked rice with the oncom mixture.
- Mix well until the rice is evenly coated with the oncom mixture.
- Put the nasi tutug oncom on a plate and serve with fried chicken, fried tempeh, or fried tofu.
Nasi tutug oncom is a nutritious dish. It is a good source of carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and vitamins. Oncom is rich in protein and fiber, which makes it a healthy addition to the dish. The dish also contains garlic and chilies, which are known to have health benefits. Garlic has antibacterial properties and can help lower cholesterol levels, while chilies contain capsaicin, which can boost metabolism and help with weight loss. However, nasi tutug oncom should be consumed in moderation as it is high in calories and sodium.