Ayam Penyet is a popular Indonesian dish that originates from East Java. It’s a delicious fried chicken dish that is traditionally served with sambal, a spicy sauce made with chili, tomato, and other seasonings. Ayam Penyet is a perfect dish for those who love spicy and savory food. In this article, we will share with you an easy recipe to make Ayam Penyet at home.
The ingredients you will need to make Ayam Penyet are:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 5 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chilies
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Oil for frying
- 1 lime
Here are the instructions to make Ayam Penyet:
- First, marinate the chicken thighs with tamarind paste and salt for about 30 minutes.
- Next, make the sambal by blending shallots, garlic, and red chilies in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Using a pestle and mortar, pound the fried chicken until it’s flattened and tender.
- Make the sauce by mixing the sambal, salt, sugar, chicken bouillon powder, and water in a bowl.
- Place the fried chicken on a plate and pour the sauce over it.
- Squeeze some lime juice over the chicken to add some tanginess to the dish.
- Serve Ayam Penyet with a side of steamed rice and some fresh vegetables.
- Enjoy your delicious Ayam Penyet!
One serving of Ayam Penyet contains approximately:
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1000mg
Now that you know how to make Ayam Penyet, you can easily recreate this delicious Indonesian dish at home. With its crispy fried chicken and spicy sambal sauce, Ayam Penyet is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So, why not give it a try today and impress your loved ones with your cooking skills!