Tongseng daging sapi is a traditional Indonesian dish that is popular among meat lovers. It is a spicy, sweet, and savory dish that is made with tender beef, vegetables, and a variety of spices. In this recipe, we will show you how to make tongseng daging sapi at home.
To make tongseng daging sapi, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 500 ml of water
- Oil for frying
To make tongseng daging sapi, follow these steps:
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and sliced chilies to the pan. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the beef to the pan and stir until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tamarind paste, sweet soy sauce, salt, sugar, bay leaves, lemongrass stalks, and water to the pan. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and let the beef simmer for 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- Remove the cover and let the sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of tongseng daging sapi:
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fat: 25 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
Tongseng daging sapi is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. With this recipe, you can make this delicious Indonesian dish at home and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills. So go ahead and give it a try!