Resep gabus pucung is a traditional dish from West Java, Indonesia. The dish is made from gabus fish, which is a kind of freshwater fish that is commonly found in Indonesia. Gabus pucung is a savory and spicy dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The ingredients for gabus pucung are:
- 500 grams of gabus fish
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 5 red chilies
- 5 bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 500 ml of water
Here are the instructions for making gabus pucung:
- Clean the gabus fish and cut it into pieces.
- Grind the garlic, shallots, red chilies, and bird’s eye chilies into a paste using a mortar and pestle.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Dissolve the tamarind in 100 ml of water.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add the ground paste and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry until they are soft.
- Add the gabus fish and stir fry until the fish changes color.
- Add the tamarind water, salt, sugar, and the remaining 400 ml of water.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Gabus pucung is a healthy dish that is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. The gabus fish is a good source of protein, while the chilies and tomatoes provide vitamins and minerals. Tamarind is also known to have health benefits, such as improving digestion and reducing inflammation. However, the dish does contain oil, salt, and sugar, which should be consumed in moderation.