Lumpia basah is a traditional Indonesian dish that is loved by many. It is a type of spring roll that is filled with vegetables, meat, and spices. The filling is usually wrapped in a thin pancake wrapper made from flour, egg, and water. The lumpia is then served with a sweet and savory sauce that complements the flavors of the filling. In this article, we will show you how to make lumpia basah in a relaxed Indonesian language.
The ingredients you will need to make lumpia basah are:
- 300 grams of ground chicken
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10 sheets of lumpia wrapper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- Oil for frying
Here are the steps to make lumpia basah:
- In a pan, heat some oil and sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken and cook until it changes color.
- Add the carrot and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, and sugar. Stir well.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Mix everything together.
- Add the beaten egg and cook until the egg is set.
- Take a lumpia wrapper and place a spoonful of the mixture on it.
- Roll the wrapper halfway and then fold the sides inward.
- Continue rolling until the wrapper is sealed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Heat some oil in a pan for frying.
- Dip each lumpia in the cornstarch slurry and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve the lumpia basah with sweet and savory sauce.
Lumpia basah is a delicious snack that is also quite nutritious. The dish is high in protein due to the ground chicken filling. Carrots are also a good source of vitamins and minerals. However, since the dish is fried, it is also high in calories and fat. It is best to enjoy lumpia basah in moderation. In conclusion, lumpia basah is a popular Indonesian dish that is easy to make and delicious to eat. By following the steps in this article, you can make your own lumpia basah at home. Enjoy your delicious creation with family and friends!