Resep kikil padang is a traditional Indonesian dish that originated from the city of Padang in West Sumatra. This dish is made from beef tendon that has been boiled until it becomes soft and chewy. It is then served in a spicy and flavorful broth that is made from a mixture of spices and herbs.
The ingredients for resep kikil padang are quite simple and easy to find. They include:
- 500 grams of beef tendon
- 2 liters of water
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 red chillies, sliced
- 3 green chillies, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Here are the steps to make resep kikil padang:
- Clean the beef tendon by removing any fat or gristle. Cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the beef tendon and boil for 30 minutes until it becomes soft and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the cooking oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots, and chillies. Cook for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the coriander powder and cumin powder. Stir for 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the beef tendon and the broth to the pan. Stir well.
- Add the salt, sugar, tamarind paste, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass. Stir well and let it simmer for 30 minutes until the flavors have melded together.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and some sambal if desired.
Resep kikil padang is a high-protein dish that is also low in fat. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals, especially iron. However, it is also high in sodium due to the use of salt and other seasonings. Therefore, it is best to consume this dish in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Resep kikil padang is a delicious and spicy dish that is perfect for those who love bold flavors. It is a great dish to serve for a family dinner or for a special occasion. Give this recipe a try and experience the authentic flavors of Padang cuisine.