Tongseng sapi is a traditional Indonesian dish that is widely popular. This dish is made with tender beef, cut into small pieces and cooked with a special blend of herbs and spices. The result is a mouthwatering and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. In this recipe, we will be sharing a simple and easy-to-follow recipe for tongseng sapi that you can make at home.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beef, cut into small pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 100 grams of cabbage, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Follow these simple steps to make tongseng sapi at home:
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sliced shallots and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the beef to the pot and stir until it changes color. Add the lemongrass, bay leaves, and kaffir lime leaves and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar, tamarind paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, and turmeric powder. Stir until the beef is fully coated with the spices.
- Pour in the water and sweet soy sauce, then stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for at least 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add the sliced cabbage and tomato wedges to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice.
Here is the nutritional information for one serving of tongseng sapi:
- Calories: 417
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 839mg
Tongseng sapi is a delicious and satisfying dish that is easy to make at home. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy the flavors of this traditional Indonesian dish whenever you want. So why not give it a try and see how easy it is to make tongseng sapi at home?