Tongkol suwir is a traditional Indonesian dish that is commonly found in coastal areas. This dish is made from shredded tuna mixed with various spices and served with steamed rice. The combination of savory and spicy flavors makes this dish a favorite among seafood lovers. In this article, we will share with you the recipe for making tongkol suwir.
To make tongkol suwir, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of fresh tuna
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 5 red chilies, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind juice
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Oil for frying
Follow these steps to make tongkol suwir:
- Clean the tuna and remove the bones. Cut the tuna into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tuna until it is cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic, shallots, and red chilies until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to sauté until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, tamarind juice, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the fried tuna to the pan and mix well with the spices.
- Using two forks, shred the tuna into smaller pieces.
- Continue to stir until the spices are evenly distributed and the tuna is fully coated.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.
Here is the nutritional information for tongkol suwir:
- Calories: 265
- Protein: 29 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Sodium: 356 milligrams
Tongkol suwir is a delicious and flavorful dish that is easy to make. With the right ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can enjoy this traditional Indonesian dish in the comfort of your own home. Serve it with a side of steamed rice and you’ve got yourself a satisfying meal. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!