Es Boba is a popular Indonesian dessert that has gained popularity worldwide. This dessert is a combination of shaved ice, sweetened condensed milk, and tapioca pearls. It is usually served in a tall glass with a spoon or a straw. The best part about making this dessert is that it is easy to prepare and customize according to your taste.
To make Es Boba, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of shaved ice
- 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of cooked tapioca pearls
- 1/4 cup of fruit syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup of fruit chunks (optional)
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients, let’s get started with making the Es Boba:
- Fill a tall glass with shaved ice.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the shaved ice.
- Add the cooked tapioca pearls on top of the shaved ice and condensed milk.
- If you want to add some fruit syrup, pour it over the top of the shaved ice and tapioca pearls.
- Add the fruit chunks on top of the dessert.
- Your Es Boba is ready to be served.
Es Boba is a relatively high-calorie dessert due to the sweetened condensed milk. However, you can modify the recipe to make it healthier by using low-fat milk and reducing the amount of sweetened condensed milk used. Here is the nutrition information for one serving of Es Boba:
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 60mg
You can customize the Es Boba according to your taste preferences. Here are some variations that you can try:
To make Matcha Boba, replace the fruit syrup with matcha powder and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. Top the shaved ice and tapioca pearls with the matcha mixture.
To make Chocolate Boba, replace the fruit syrup with chocolate syrup and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. Top the shaved ice and tapioca pearls with the chocolate mixture.
To make Fruit Boba, add your favorite fruits such as strawberries, kiwi, or mango to the shaved ice and tapioca pearls. You can also add fruit syrup to enhance the flavor.
Es Boba is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for hot summer days. It is easy to prepare and customize according to your taste. We hope that this recipe inspires you to make your own Es Boba at home. Enjoy!