Sambal Roa is a traditional spicy sauce from Manado, North Sulawesi. It is made with smoked fish called Roa and chili peppers, creating a unique and flavorful taste that will leave a lasting impression on your taste buds. Sambal Roa can be enjoyed with any dishes, from fried chicken to grilled fish. In this article, we will share with you the recipe for this delicious sauce.
To make Sambal Roa, you will need the following ingredients:
- 5-10 Roa fish, smoked and shredded
- 10-15 red chili peppers, chopped
- 5-7 bird’s eye chili peppers, chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Follow these steps to make Sambal Roa:
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped shallots and garlic to the pan, then sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chopped red chili peppers and bird’s eye chili peppers to the pan, then sauté until soft.
- Add the shredded Roa fish and chopped tomato to the pan, then stir until well combined.
- Add the salt and sugar to the pan, then stir until evenly distributed.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, then blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back to the pan, then add the lime juice and stir until well combined.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Serve with your favorite dishes.
Sambal Roa is a spicy sauce that is low in calories and fat. One serving (1 tbsp) contains approximately:
- 10 calories
- 0.5 grams of fat
- 1 gram of carbohydrates
- 0.5 grams of protein
- 0.5 grams of fiber
Here are some tips to make the perfect Sambal Roa:
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of chili peppers according to your preference for spiciness.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve the sauce at room temperature for the best taste.
Sambal Roa is a spicy sauce that is perfect for any occasion. Its unique flavor will leave your taste buds wanting more. With this recipe, you can make your own Sambal Roa at home and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it is!