Batagor is a traditional Indonesian dish that is popular in the western part of Java, especially in Bandung. It is a combination of two words, bakso tahu goreng, which means fried tofu meatballs. Batagor is a delicious snack that is perfect for any occasion. In this article, we will guide you on how to make batagor at home.
To make batagor, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g minced chicken
- 500g minced fish
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 package of wonton or spring roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
Here are the steps to make batagor:
- Chop the tofu into small pieces and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced chicken and fish to the bowl.
- Add the egg white, salt, sugar, pepper, cornstarch, minced garlic, and sesame oil.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and shape it into a ball or log shape.
- Wrap the mixture in a wonton or spring roll wrapper.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the mixture is used up.
- Heat up some oil in a large pan or wok.
- Fry the batagor until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a side of peanut sauce and sweet soy sauce.
Here is the approximate nutrition information for one serving of batagor:
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 250mg
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect batagor:
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before frying the batagor to ensure they are crispy.
- You can use any type of fish, such as mackerel or cod, for this recipe.
- Make the peanut sauce and sweet soy sauce in advance to save time.
- You can also add some chopped vegetables, such as carrots or cabbage, to the mixture for added flavor and nutrition.
Making batagor at home is easy and fun. With a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can enjoy this delicious Indonesian snack anytime. Try making batagor today and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!