Aci rebus is a traditional Indonesian snack that is easy to make and perfect for snacking on the go. This dish consists of boiled tapioca pearls served with a sweet and savory sauce, making it a perfect combination of flavors. In this article, we will be sharing a step-by-step guide on how to make aci rebus at home, including the ingredients, instructions, and nutrition information.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of tapioca pearls
- 500 ml of water
- 100 grams of palm sugar
- 2 pandan leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Here is how to make aci rebus:
- First, rinse the tapioca pearls with cold water to remove any excess starch.
- In a pot, boil 500 ml of water and add in the rinsed tapioca pearls.
- Cook the tapioca pearls for 10-15 minutes or until they become transparent and soft.
- While the tapioca pearls are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a separate pot, combine the palm sugar, pandan leaves, salt, and 500 ml of water.
- Bring the sauce mixture to a boil and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Once the tapioca pearls are cooked, strain them and set them aside.
- Remove the pandan leaves from the sauce mixture and strain the sauce to remove any impurities.
- Place the tapioca pearls in a bowl and pour the sauce over them.
- Stir the tapioca pearls and sauce together until they are well combined.
- Your aci rebus is now ready to serve.
Here is the estimated nutrition information for one serving of aci rebus:
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 1 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 1 g
Aci rebus is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that is perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a dish that is both sweet and savory, with a unique texture that is sure to satisfy. We hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of making aci rebus at home. Enjoy!