Oseng Mercon is a spicy dish from Central Java, Indonesia. The word “mercon” means fireworks, and this dish is called so because of its fiery taste. Oseng Mercon is usually made with beef or chicken, and it’s a perfect dish for those who love spicy food.
Here are the ingredients you need to make Oseng Mercon Daging Sapi:
- 500 grams beef, sliced into thin pieces
- 5 red chilies, sliced diagonally
- 10 bird’s eye chilies, sliced diagonally
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Here are the steps to make Oseng Mercon Daging Sapi:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced shallots and minced garlic to the wok and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the sliced red chilies and bird’s eye chilies to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced beef to the wok and stir-fry until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Add the salt, sugar, and tamarind paste to the wok and stir-fry until everything is well combined.
- Continue stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes until the beef is evenly coated with the spices and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice.
Here’s the nutritional information for Oseng Mercon Daging Sapi per serving:
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 600mg
If you want to make Oseng Mercon Daging Sapi less spicy, you can reduce the number of bird’s eye chilies or replace them with milder chilies like jalapenos. You can also remove the seeds and membranes of the chilies to reduce the heat.
Oseng Mercon Daging Sapi is a delicious and spicy dish that’s perfect for those who love bold flavors. It’s easy to make and can be served with steamed rice for a satisfying meal. Try this recipe at home and enjoy the fiery taste of Oseng Mercon!