Bumbu nasi uduk putih is a popular Indonesian dish that is usually enjoyed for breakfast or lunch. This dish is made by cooking rice in a mixture of coconut milk and various spices, which gives it a fragrant and flavorful taste. In this article, we will be sharing a detailed recipe for bumbu nasi uduk putih that you can easily make at home.
To make bumbu nasi uduk putih, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
Follow these steps to make bumbu nasi uduk putih:
- Wash the rice and drain the water.
- In a pot, combine the rice, coconut milk, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, salt, and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the rice cook for 20-25 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is fully cooked.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the coriander and cumin powder to the pan and stir well.
- Add the sautéed mixture to the cooked rice and stir well.
- Let the rice sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the bumbu nasi uduk putih with your favorite side dishes.
Here is the nutritional information for bumbu nasi uduk putih:
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 407mg
- Potassium: 308mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- Iron: 3mg
Bumbu nasi uduk putih is a delicious Indonesian dish that you can easily make at home. With its fragrant and flavorful taste, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of Indonesia right in your own kitchen!