Babat is a part of cow’s stomach that is often used in Indonesian cuisine. One of the most popular ways to cook babat is by using bumbu pedas, which is a spicy seasoning made from various herbs and spices. This dish is perfect for those who love spicy food and is best served with warm rice. In this article, we will share with you a recipe for babat bumbu pedas.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make babat bumbu pedas:
- 500 grams of babat (cow’s stomach)
- 2 liters of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 4 bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
Here are the steps to make babat bumbu pedas:
- Clean the babat thoroughly and cut it into small pieces.
- Boil the babat in a pot of water for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the shallots, garlic, and chilies until fragrant.
- Add the boiled babat to the pan and stir well.
- Add the salt, sugar, and tamarind paste to the pan and stir well.
- Pour in the water and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with warm rice.
Here is the nutrition information for babat bumbu pedas:
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 25 grams
- Protein: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Sodium: 480 mg
- Sugar: 3 grams
Here are some tips to make your babat bumbu pedas even better:
- Make sure to clean the babat thoroughly to get rid of any impurities.
- Boiling the babat before cooking it will help to remove any unpleasant odor.
- If you prefer a milder version, reduce the amount of chilies used.
- You can also add other spices such as lemongrass or bay leaves to enhance the flavor.
- Serve with a side of fresh vegetables or sambal for an extra kick.
Babat bumbu pedas is a delicious and spicy dish that is perfect for those who love Indonesian cuisine. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed with warm rice. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can make this dish at home and impress your family and friends. Give it a try and let us know what you think!