Tongseng kambing is a traditional Indonesian dish that is usually served during special occasions. This dish is made from goat meat cooked in a spicy coconut milk broth. However, for those who are lactose intolerant or simply want a healthier version of this dish, tongseng kambing can be made without coconut milk. In this article, we will share with you a recipe for tongseng kambing tanpa santan.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make tongseng kambing tanpa santan:
- 500 grams of goat meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 liter of water
- 300 grams of cabbage, sliced thinly
- 100 grams of green beans, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Here are the steps to make tongseng kambing tanpa santan:
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Sautee the garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the goat meat and stir-fry until it changes color.
- Add the roasted coriander and cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt, and sugar. Stir-fry until well combined.
- Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the cabbage, green beans, and tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Here is the nutritional information for one serving of tongseng kambing tanpa santan:
- Calories: 327
- Protein: 28 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Sodium: 623 milligrams
Tongseng kambing tanpa santan is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional version of this dish. By omitting the coconut milk, you can reduce the fat and calories in this dish without sacrificing the flavor. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!