Binte Biluhuta is a traditional dish from North Sulawesi, Indonesia. It is a combination of fish and coconut milk, which creates a savory and creamy taste. This dish is perfect for those who are looking for a new way to enjoy fish.
Here are the ingredients needed to make Binte Biluhuta:
- 500 grams of fish (preferably tuna or mackerel)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 2 salam leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 red chilies, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Clean the fish and cut it into bite-sized pieces. 2. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the shallots, garlic, and chilies until fragrant. 3. Add the lemongrass, salam leaves, and kaffir lime leaves into the pan, then stir for a few seconds. 4. Add the fish into the pan and cook until it changes color. 5. Add the coconut milk into the pan and stir well. 6. Add the salt, sugar, and tamarind paste into the pan, then stir well. 7. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. 8. Serve the Binte Biluhuta hot with steamed rice.
Here is the nutritional information for one serving of Binte Biluhuta:
- Calories: 430
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sodium: 610mg
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
– If you want a spicier Binte Biluhuta, you can add more chilies or chili powder. – You can substitute the fish with chicken or beef if you prefer. – Use fresh ingredients for the best taste. – You can adjust the amount of salt, sugar, and tamarind paste according to your taste preferences. – Don’t overcook the fish, as it can become tough and rubbery.
Binte Biluhuta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that you can enjoy with your family and friends. The combination of fish and coconut milk creates a unique and flavorful taste that you won’t forget. Try making this dish at home and impress your loved ones with your cooking skills!