Tumis daging is a popular Indonesian dish that is easy to make and delicious to eat. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want a hearty meal that doesn’t take too much effort. In this recipe, we will show you how to make tumis daging using beef, but you can also use chicken, pork, or tofu if you prefer.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make tumis daging:
- 500 grams of beef, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red chili, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 green chili, sliced thinly (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Here are the steps to make tumis daging:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onion and chili (if using) and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the beef is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice.
Here is the nutrition information for tumis daging:
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 1000mg
You can make variations to this dish by adding other vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, or mushrooms. You can also substitute the beef with chicken, pork, or tofu. If you want a spicier version, you can add more chili or a tablespoon of sambal oelek. If you want a milder version, you can omit the chili altogether.
Here are some tips to make the perfect tumis daging:
- Make sure the beef is sliced thinly so that it cooks quickly and evenly.
- Use a wok or a large pan so that the ingredients can be stirred easily.
- Don’t overcook the beef or it will become tough and chewy.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste. If you like it sweeter, add more sweet soy sauce. If you like it saltier, add more soy sauce.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Tumis daging is a simple and delicious Indonesian dish that is perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you can easily make it at home and enjoy it with your family and friends. Try making it today and experience the flavors of Indonesia!